Saturday 10 January, 2009

Dilli's dread


Hindustan Times - 10/1/09

  • "I've never felt comfortable driving through this road in Vasantkunj, which goes through a jungle-like area. Old Delhi, too, keeps me on high alert. It's a sad thing to say, but Delhi men are disgusting" - Tania Sachdev, chess Grandmaster, lives in Hauz Khas

  • "The most dangerous thing for a girl to do in Delhi is to walk down the road, alone. Everyone tries to come close and touch you. Even walking just outside the home isn't safe." - Amanpreet Wahi, model, lives near Rajouri garden

  • "I went to Ghaffar Market around a year ago with my aunt and was pinched by a man. He ran off before I could do anything.......I'm also scared of the area outside Gangaram Hospital. After dark, if you walk there alone, men would roll down their car windows and ask you to get in." - Prashansa, class IX student, lives in Karol Bagh

No comments: