Friday 5 December, 2008

Excerpt from an article in Times of India - 2nd December, 2008 - ‘Enough is enough’ by Mumbaikar Farah Khan Ali-jewellery designer and DJ Aqeel’s wife


I was in Dubai the night the terror struck and was sitting next to an Arab woman while watching the news. She was cursing Osama Bin Laden and saying that how dare he call himself a Muslim because no religion allows you to kill another human being. She was angry with him for allowing the world to believe that Islam preaches hate and that due to the fanaticism propagated by him, people wanted to believe that terror had a religion. Namely Islam... I even got a message by SMS from my friend Mrs Sharmila Thackeray saying that, ‘All those who had lost their lives while saving this city are Marathis and that MNS workers are busy donating blood and helping police for rescue operations. At first I was shocked then angry as I had just heard the news that my close friend Ashish Chaudhary had lost his sister and brother-in-law. I sent her back a message telling her to get a life as in times like this one does not care from where you come from, it is a humanitarian loss. I could not believe that at time like this Raj Thackeray and his wife were trying to promote party politics. I also know that after she reads this she may never talk to me again but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I am not going to take this lying down anymore and not show my outburst to these politicians because a member of my family or I know them personally...

No comments: